Oops ... missed the deadline. Router problems! Sorry!
As I continue down this path of discovery with the Digital Generation, the big QUESTION looms forth, HOW? As discussed in our lit circles, the barriers seem insurmountable. However, by chapter three bigger questions and even bigger ideas are beginning to penetrate this old brain. The fog is lifting. I'm shifting from How to When do I start? The key is with me. I am the beginning of how. I ask myself just how efficient I am with technology and have to answer truthfully ... not as efficient as I could be. This leads to my big idea of creating a tech circle with like minded teachers who want to learn more and we will find a mentor to lead us once every other week. We can meet at my school and I will begin to organize this during our pro-d in Aug. A pebble in a pond. I cannot lead reluctant peers to the well when I'm not entirely sure how to get there myself. I just know the journey needs to happen.
The second big question nagging at me now is: What does the workforce look like today and how do I prepare my students for it? Truthfully, I have been so busy teaching and raising a child, I have no idea how the workplace has changed.
The million dollar question posed on p. 57 asks," how can we meet the diverse needs of our clientele in one school or one district?" It begins with me in one classroom. I hold the key. I will learn more about technology and hopefully bring a few peers along with me. As a class, we will research today's workforce, network with the community, have future bosses in to visit. I will model creative problem solving when I hit the many barriers found in today's schools. Since our new school is in the design process now, I will try to voice consideration for creative interior design, built for change!
No comments:
Post a Comment